The San Diego Workforce Partnership (SDWP) funds and delivers programs that put San Diegans to work.
These are some of the ways we can help you with your job search:
Career centers offer job search and career development resources to all San Diego County job seekers, regardless of income or background—at no cost to you.
The career centers offer two categories of member services:
Job search on your own
Available to all San Diego County job seekers
- Job leads
- Workshops and recruitment events
- Resume assistance
- Access to computers, internet, phones, printers and other technology to use for your job search
- Labor market information—learn what industries are hiring for what skills
- Typing certificate and Microsoft Word classes
- Connection with community partners
Expert assistance for those who qualify
Begin by attending an orientation
- Career counseling and planning
- Job search and placement assistance
- Job development alongside employers
- Career assessments
- Upskilling and retraining
- Occupational skills
- Adult education and literacy activities (combined with training)
- Subsidized training programs (see below)
SDWP offers a number of job training opportunities to help you gain meaningful skills to begin or advance your career. Enrollment is based on funding and eligibility.
Trainings come in many formats—from online to classroom to on-the-job—and off various fee structures—from free to partial reimbursement.
SDWP believes in leveraging the latest technology to supercharge your job search.
All San Diego County job seekers can receive access to LinkedIn Learning, an on-demand learning solution designed to help you gain new skills and advance your career, through December 31, 2018. LinkedIn Learning offers over 10,000 online training and development courses with more than 25 tutorials added each week. Courses cover everything from business to technology to creative and everything in between to build marketable skills. Add your info below to gain access.
Interested in exploring local careers or educational programs? Use Career Coach to:
- Take a career assessment
- Explore industries and occupations that match your interests
- Find San Diego-specific wage and occupation growth information
- Access real-time job postings
- Build a resume
- Learn about educational programs that can prepare you for your dream job
- For veterans, find civilian careers related to your military occupation.
How to get a job in the priority sectors
Our research has identified five priority sectors in the region. Explore some ideas on how to start your career in these sectors.
Job search sites
Expand your job search by tapping into some of the “hidden” websites offering quality job leads you may not find on big search engines.
Searching in San Diego podcast
The official podcast of the San Diego Workforce Partnership’s career centers. Explore workforce topics, discover trends and learn the tips you need to succeed on the go.